How they work:
Can Straps® work perfectly as long as about 1" of the available 4" hook and loop fasteners are engaged. The fasteners also do not need to be lined up. Just touch an inch together and it will stay.
There is no need for them to be pulled tight. They don't work by "Gorilla Hugging" the bag against the waste container. Adjustment to container size is obtained through both the hook and loop strip and elastic strapping material.
Can Straps® work by simply holding the liner's selvage edge, the part you see hanging outside the container, in place over the rim of the container. The resulting total contact area of the container's rim edge is sufficient to offset any frictional forces from waste put in the container.
The liner acts as a lubricant and actually very little of the liner is touched by the waste. Even tough items like pizza boxes or other large paper products only touch the container in a few places as they are placed into the container and compacted. This is why you can literally get as much into a container fitted with a Can Straps® as a compactor would of comparable size for a fraction of the cost.
This suggestion is more for home users as other types of users are usually on regular trash emptying schedules based on the type of establishment and health regulations. Most organic waste will not smell if it is sealed from the air. The exception to this is seafood and personal hygiene items like diapers.
By covering food and other organic waste with packaging materials made from paper, non-recyclable plastics and film it is easy to seal off the air and prevent smells. Unlike containers without Can Straps® to get the most benefit from them, one should push down the waste as tightly as possible to remove any air. Simply put the packaging waste in last and push down to seal. The packaging will also prevent one from coming in contact with the food or other contaminated waste.
Maintenance of Can Straps®:
Can Straps® can be Machine Washed with regular laundry detergent, No Bleach, in cold water. They can be machine dried w/ air only or warm air. Can Straps® will shrink over time about 10% in length and then stabilize at that length. As the elastic stretches to almost twice its length and the hook and loop fasteners allow up to an additional 3" of adjustment, usage and installation is not impaired. The strap material is made from approximately 90% polyester fiber and 10% Lycra. These materials are very resistant to mold and absorption of water and will dry quickly on their own if just allowed to dry on an indoor clothes line or draped over something so that air can circulate around them.
Do Not Iron as the hook and loop fasteners can be impaired.
How not to lose your Can Straps®:
Remember to tell all janitorial personnel that they have been installed and how to install them. If not told, the straps will pop into the container unnoticed when the janitor changes bags. Typically janitors lift the liner by grasping its ends and pulling up. Pop, in goes the Can Straps® in the wink of an eye. Just tell them what they are and everybody will be happy.
And remember to tell them they do not need to tie those silly knots anymore that never worked for them or you anyway. They will appreciate your thoughtfulness. Can Straps® save them needless work and the aggravation of cleaning a soiled waste container whose liner has fallen into the trash.
Can Straps® help you prevent unsightly messes on the floor around waste containers that have prematurely spilled over. With Can Straps® installed, you can tamp down the trash by hand or use the end of a broom throughout the day for contaminated waste like food. There's unfortunately (for our landfills and incinerators) always some packaging around that you can first put on top to prevent the handle from getting soiled.
Can Straps® Advantages
- STOPS !! bag slippage into trash container.
- INSTALLS IN ONE EASY STEP, just has to fit container, no need to "Gorilla Hugt". Easy to use for people with arthritis.
- NO KNOT TYING required EVER AGAIN.
- Can Straps® STRETCH to nearly twice their original length.
- Reversible, there is NO RIGHT SIDE UP, both sides work identically.
- STOP MESSES. HAVE A CLEAN FLOOR without spilled-over trash all around the container all day long.
- No more frustrating and time consuming cleaning of waste containers soiled by a bag that slipped in.
- CRAM !! All you want into the waste can, as much as a comparable compactor at a fraction of the cost. Actually helps to prevent odors from waste.
- USE FEWER LINERS, empty trash less often, saves our landfills from unnecessary extra plastics and efficiently uses the full capacity of your liner.
- GREAT FOR RECYCLING, super-fill those municipally-surcharge-taxed trash bags.
- ADJUSTABLE, elastic strap installs with no effort, only need 1" of hook and loop fasteners, 4" available, to touch in order to hold in place
- 4 SIZES fit containers from tiny vanity wastebaskets to 55-gallon drums.
- WASHABLE, straps are reusable and built to last.
- Polyester/Lycra construction is HYPOALLERGENIC, no latex or rubber.
- TAB allows for easy installation and removal.
- Color Coded Labels allows for easy identification of sizes.
- Chain several smaller Can Straps® together to make a longer one.
- SUITABLE FOR INDOORS AND OUTDOORS USES. Works at places as varied as home, office, hospital, construction sites, etc.
- Help protect our environment and people by efficiently utilizing plastics.